Accelerators also increase the speed of drying, particularly for formulations containing both Calcium Aluminate Cement and Calcium Sulfate binders wherein the drying results from the formation of ettringite.
Cement accelerators are additives that can act in one of two ways, and sometimes both at the same time, they :
- Reduce the setting time of mortar or concrete
- Increase the rate of strength development
Cement accelerators are used in :
- Fast setting mortars, floor applications and special mortars, in order to reduce construction time.
- Mortars or concrete whose the setting time is too long because :
- Retarded by another additive, cellulose ether, for example
- Placed in cold conditions, to avoid the freezing before the setting
Products in this range
Main application of Peramin® AXL 80 for building chemistry
The Peramin® AXL 80 can also be used in combination or association with Peramin® SMF, CONPAC, DEFOAM and SRA additives.