Superplasticizers enable to achieve high flow properties and reduce water content in self levelling compounds and screed technology
Superplasticizers, are high-range water reducing additives used when the dispersion of particles in suspension is required to modify mortars and concrete to allow :
- A large reduction of the water content, without affecting their workability :
- Improvement of properties : shorter setting time, lower shrinkage and higher mechanical strengths
- Or a greater flowability, with the same water content :
- Decrease of viscosity, resulting in excellent flow properties
- Very good self-levelling properties
Typically the dosage normally lies in the range of 0.1%-0.8% of the dry mortar total weight, depending of the kind of superplasticizer and performance required.